Career Pathways Technical Assistance
CORD and its National Career Pathways Network provide leadership and support for Career Pathways through publications, conferences, and technical assistance for states, regions, and communities.
CORD provides both comprehensive and targeted services that support system-building efforts to create sustainable partnerships that foster career pathways development. Available services include but are not limited to:
- Career Pathways Design – assessment of existing infrastructure to establish career pathways within a region; stakeholder consensus building on desired outcomes for career pathways programs.
- Industry Forums – sector-based facilitated dialog sessions to identify industry and workforce challenges, credential requirements, and skill gaps, and develop action plans to meet future labor force needs.
- Customized Curriculum Design – frameworks and instructional materials designed using our integrated curriculum development process to ensure course content reflects academic, industry, and employability competencies and meets employer needs. Services also include development of career pathway maps that identify stackable credentials, industry certifications, and employment opportunities.
- Career Pathways Leadership Certification Workshops – training that equips program coordinators, counselors, and business leaders with tools and resources to implement and sustain career pathways.
- Faculty Development on Contextualized Instruction – workshops and online courses to broaden and deepen faculty knowledge of using career pathways to contextualize lessons that engage adult learners.
Our overarching goal when working with local partners is to assess needs, identify gaps and opportunities, and design a realistic plan to implement and scale career pathways programs within a region. Contact us to learn more about how we can assist your community.